St. Vincent de Paul dedicated his life to working with the poor and is the patron saint of all charities. We celebrate his feast day on September 27. This weekend our parish's St. Vincent de Paul Conference is making its annual appeal for support to continue the important work assisting parishioners and neighbors in need. Over the past year, the parish’s conference provided through purchases and in-kind donations:
- Stop & Shop and Target gift cards
- Clothing, coats, shoes, and eyeglasses
- Rental assistance or accommodations during transition into or out of shelters
- Furniture, appliances, and household items to support families leaving shelters
- 50 Thanksgiving dinner baskets
Recently, the Brookline Community Foundation awarded our St. Vincent de Paul conference a Safety Net Grant to support the food and rental assistance programs. Brookline neighbors who need emergency assistance due to the loss of a job or a family crisis can seek assistance from our local conference. We ask for your financial support to continue this essential program. We are grateful for the continued support of our generous parishioners.